Smartsheet business plan can be beneficial for your work. Okay, let’s admit: there are times when we feel overwhelmed with our current responsibilities and wish of having a magic wand that could get all the work done.
Often, things could be unexpectedly hectic, the inbox will keep on getting flooded with new emails, and your task list keeps on growing bigger and bigger. Choosing the right smartsheet business plan is crucial for the development of your business.
Moreover, no matter how hard you try and how strictly you implement various production theories in your real-life, things just do not seem to be getting better.
However, the good news is that you can automate most of your tasks and get rid of a part of the burden from your shoulders effortlessly. All you would need to do is create workflows in Smartsheet.
In this article, we will guide you on how you can do that. Let’s get started.
How Do Automated Workflows Work in Smartsheet?
Firstly, the automated workflows of Smartsheet are designed to save your time and maintain consistency in your work processes through a series of interrelated actions.
Let’s understand this better with the help of an example. Let’s consider a case where you manage a writing team and want to make the entire process flow smoother. Here is how Smartsheet can help you out.
- Your writer will finish their rough draft and mark the task as complete in Smartsheet.
- This will send a notification to the appropriate reviewer based on the topic of the article. This means that a beauty article will be automatically allocated to a beauty editor and vice versa.
- When the draft is reviewed by the editor, the next notification will be automatically issued to the web team to review the article and publish it as per the requirements. ‘
- When the content is published, the concerned person will receive a notification that the article is published.
You see – how effective the entire scenario is this way? Moreover, you don’t have to write long and tedious emails and neither do you need to keep a close eye on each of your team members. You are automatically notified in the case of an update and this streamlines the entire process.
This brings us to the next question – how can you create one such workflow?
Let’s find out.
How to Create a Visual Workflow-Right Smartsheet Business Plan
Creating a workflow in Smartsheet is very simple. All you need to do is:
- Open the Smartsheet, and select Automation from the upper corner of your sheet.
- Once you do this, you will be asked to choose the automation type for your workflow. This choice is important because this will determine the types of actions that will be triggered automatically.
- Once you have selected the type of automation based on your requirements, configure the trigger block, action blocks, and condition path and blocks to create your workflow.
- Once the proposed workflow looks good to you, go ahead and click Save in the right corner of the builder.
And that’s all.
This will create a visual workflow that will trigger actions automatically when certain requirements are triggered.
How to Create a Basic Workflow
A basic workflow alerts you when someone adds rows, changes them or deletes them, or when someone adds, changes, or deletes new comments. You also get alerts when new attachments are added, changed or removed or when the sheet is shared.
- Creating a basic workflow is simple, too. All you need to do is:
- From the upper left corner of your sheet, click Automation > Manage Workflows.
- Click Create a Workflow > Basic workflows.
- Now, select the type of workflow that you will like to create.
You are done. Didn’t we say that creating a workflow in Smartsheet is extremely simple?
Does this sound good and all, but are you stuck somewhere? Contact us today for any query related to Smartsheet and we will help you out.